Address: 14 West 118th Street, btwn Lenox & 5th Aves @ Children’s Aid Society
**For advanced students only**
2, 3 train to 116 and Lennox
B, C Train to 116 and 8th Ave
6 train to 116 and Lexington Ave
Entering the facility: Pool is located to the left of the building’s entrance. Male and female locker rooms can be reached by taking the stairs to the left of the pool entrance down to the lower level, or by taking the stairs on the pool deck down to the locker room.
Seating: Seating for families and care givers is located in the bleachers overlooking the pool
Facility specific rules: Please note that all rules are strictly enforced by the SwimJim Team and Children’s Aid Society staff.
• Must bring your own towel
• Swimming caps must be worn by all swimmers
• No eating or drinking on the pool deck or in the changing rooms/restrooms
• All persons must use same-sex locker rooms
• Street shoes are strictly prohibited from being worn on the pool deck
• All families and caregivers must watch from the bleachers. Only swimmers are permitted on deck.
• No food is permitted in the bleachers
• 25 yard pool
• Diving blocks to improve diving/ racing technique
** This location is for advanced students only **
Click to Sign up for a Class at this Location
Age groups: For advanced students only. Must be invited or complete a trial lesson before registration.
Average Water Temp: 82 degrees
Holiday & Closure Schedule:
September through May only
Thanksgiving–Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th, 2017. Classes will resume Saturday, November 25th.
Winter Holiday– TBD
Your classes will be prorated accordingly for all holiday closures.
Our exclusive aquatic education program was written by The Underwater Schoolhouse. The Underwater Schoolhouse Program was developed with passion and research by Olympic Gold Medalist Catherine Fox and Jim Spiers.
We believe that swimming is a fun and healthy life-saving skill all children should learn. We think children and adults learn swimming skills best in a friendly, loving environment where they feel safe and at-ease.
Phone: (212) 749-7335
Fax: (212) 749-6649
Phone: (713) 784-1777
Fax: (713) 490-0521