Address: 808 Columbus Avenue, btwn 98th & 99th Streets
B or C train to 96th
1, 2, 3 train to 96th
Entering the facility:
808 Columbus Ave between 98th and 99th street. Walk through the breezeway on Columbus Ave between the 808 Columbus residential building and the Whole Foods. Take a left at the end of the breezeway and walk down to door D (the double doors). The pool is on the 3rd floor.
Seating: Seating for families and care givers is located in the tables and chairs at the end of the pool. We ask that parents stay in the designated seating area and respect the common areas for residents’ use.
Facility specific rules: Please note that all rules are strictly enforced by the SwimJim Team and 808 Columbus staff.
• Must bring your own towel
• No eating or drinking on the pool deck or in the changing rooms/restrooms
• No one over the age of 6 years may enter opposite sex locker rooms, including parents and caregivers
• Changing tents on the pool deck provide additional accommodations for family changing
• Strollers are not permitted on deck
• On-deck shower is for rinsing only. Please do not shampoo, shave or other grooming in deck showers
• Water consistently kept at a comforting 88 degrees during the winter months
• Pool deck kept warm for the comfort of the children getting out of the water
• Saline system that keeps the pool cleaner and healthier than any standard chlorine-based facility
• We provide an instructor to accommodate all make-up lessons on Tuesdays in the mornings and afternoons
Monday 10:00-12:00 & 2:30-6:00
Tuesday 10:00-12:00 & 2:00-5:30
Thursday 10:00-12:00 & 2:30-5:30
Friday 10:00-12:00 & 2:30-5:00
Age groups: ages 6 months and older
Average Water Temp: 86-88 degrees
Holiday & Closure Schedule:
Memorial Day–Monday, May 27th, 2013
4th of July–Thursday, July 4th, 2013
Labor Day–Monday, September 2nd
2013, Thanksgiving–Thursday, November 28th, 2013 to TBD
Winter Holiday–Closed Monday December 23rd, 2013 to Sunday, January 5th 2014. Your classes will be prorated accordingly.
Our exclusive aquatic education program was written by The Underwater Schoolhouse. The Underwater Schoolhouse Program was developed with passion and research by Olympic Gold Medalist Catherine Fox and Jim Spiers.
We believe that swimming is a fun and healthy life-saving skill all children should learn. We think children and adults learn swimming skills best in a friendly, loving environment where they feel safe and at-ease.