Health and Safety
TO OUR VALUED CLIENTS
DURING YOUR CHILD’S SWIM LESSON, OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY REMAINS YOUR HEALTH & SAFETY, along with the safety of our team members. For more than 25 years, safety, health and cleanliness have always been at a high standard. Now, for your protection, we have enhanced our practices for an even healthier & safer experience.
WE HAVE ENHANCED MEASURES IN PLACE, to ensure the safety of your family. We have been following the advice of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the World Health Organization and state and local medical professionals.
SOME OF OUR NEW HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
Practice 6-foot social distancing
A mandatory mask policy upon entry into each of our facilities
Mandatory touchless temperature checks upon entry
Mandatory Health & Safety questionnaire upon entry
Our teachers wear face shields in the pool as an additional precaution
Reduced teacher/student ratios
Morning and Evening facility deep cleans
Disinfection of high-touch areas
Encouraging families to come and leave in swim gear when practical
Enter the building no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled lesson.
COVID-19 education and cleanliness training of all staff members
Disinfection and sanitation of pool toys and equipment before and after each class
One-way entrances and exits to reduce contact with others
NOW, MORE THAN EVER, we are ready to safely welcome you back to SwimJim!
The SwimJim Family
Changing Area, Showers, Hallways and Pool Decks
- We ask families to respect physical distancing while in the hallway, on the pool deck and in the changing areas.
- We encourage families to come with their swim suits on under their street clothes to reduce the number of people in the changing area before and after your lessons.
- Changing tents are available for all changing purposes.
- Showers will not be open during this time.
- Please dry off and exit the building following your lesson.
- Bring the minimal amount of personal items.
- The number of chairs on the pool deck have been reduced to promote physical distancing.
- Only 1 parent/caregiver per family is allowed at the facility during lessons.
Procedures for Class Time
- We ask that you please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your class time. If you arrive early you will be asked to wait outside.
- When you check in for class please have the following ready:
- Your filled out Health and Safety Form – this needs to be filled out on the day of your class for every class you attend.
- Your families QR code – this can be found under your account on either the SwimJim App or your Customer Portal profile.
- Be ready to have your temperature taken as well as the temperature of your child.
- Please wear your mask at all times.
- When have made the follow changes to your classes:
- Class ratios will be slightly smaller than usual to promote social distancing
- All 30 minute classes will be held for 25 minutes and all Hour long classes will be held for 55 minutes.
- We have 5 minutes between all classes to clean the teaching equipment, please make sure you are not placing your child in the pool early.
- At the end of the lesson please make sure you change as quickly as possible and exit the assigned exit for your facility.
Procedures for a Safer Environment
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn by our staff.
- Reduced the capacity in the pool and on deck to 33% as well as the maximum number of teachers per shift in order to reduce occupancy and to allow for physical distancing,
- Offering changing tents instead of having people change in the locker rooms.
- Social distancing directional guides on the floor.
- Retail: Our merchandise will not be displayed on the pool deck but we will have it on sit for purchasing.
- Increased frequency of disinfecting all highly used surfaces.
- Installed hand sanitizing stations.
- Indoor pool ventilation is 8 times better than an office space, 4 times more than an elementary school classroom and 2.6 times more than a science laboratory.
- The CDC has established that COVID-19 (Corona Virus) does not transmit through chlorinated water.
- Face coverings need to be worn by anyone 2 years or older entering the space.
- A well-secured cloth or mask that fits snugly against the face and covers an individual’s nose and mouth. It must be made of a material that prevents the discharge and release of respiratory droplets from a person’s nose or mouth.
- Not approved:
- Face coverings with exhaust valves.
- Face coverings made with materials such as mesh or lace fabrics.
- Face coverings that do not cover the nose and mouth.
- Keep mouth and nose covered at all times. Guests not wearing an approved facemask will need to wait outside.