Health and Safety
TO OUR VALUED CLIENTS
DURING YOUR CHILD’S SWIM LESSON, OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY REMAINS YOUR HEALTH & SAFETY, along with the safety of our team members. For more than 25 years, safety, health and cleanliness have always been at a high standard. Now, for your protection, we have enhanced our practices for an even healthier & safer experience.
WE HAVE ENHANCED MEASURES IN PLACE, to ensure the safety of your family. We have been following the advice of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the World Health Organization and state and local medical professionals.
NOW, MORE THAN EVER, we are ready to safely welcome you back to SwimJim!
The SwimJim Family
Changing Area, Showers, Hallways and Pool Decks
- We ask families to respect physical distancing while in the hallway, on the pool deck and in the changing areas.
- We encourage families to come with their swim suits on under their street clothes to reduce the number of people in the changing area before and after your lessons.
- Changing tents are available for all changing purposes.
- Please dry off and exit the building following your lesson.
- Bring the minimal amount of personal items.
- No more than parent/caregiver’s per family is allowed at the facility during lessons.
Procedures for Class Time
- We ask that you please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your class time. If you arrive early you will be asked to wait outside.
- When you check-in for class please have the following ready:
- At our New York City facilities : Everyone over the age of 12 will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination in order to be allowed to enter the facility.
- Your families QR code – this can be found under your account on either the SwimJim App or your Customer Portal profile.
- Please wear your mask at all times.
- At the end of the lesson please make sure you change as quickly as possible and exit the assigned exit for your facility.
Procedures for a Safer Environment
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn by our staff.
- Offering changing tents as another options to change after swim class
- Installed hand sanitizing stations.
- Indoor pool ventilation is 8 times better than an office space, 4 times more than an elementary school classroom and 2.6 times more than a science laboratory.
- The CDC has established that COVID-19 (Corona Virus) does not transmit through chlorinated water.
- Face coverings need to be worn by anyone 2 years or older entering the space.
- A well-secured cloth or mask that fits snugly against the face and covers an individual’s nose and mouth. It must be made of a material that prevents the discharge and release of respiratory droplets from a person’s nose or mouth.
- Not approved:
- Face coverings with exhaust valves.
- Face coverings made with materials such as mesh or lace fabrics.
- Face coverings that do not cover the nose and mouth.
- Keep mouth and nose covered at all times. Guests not wearing an approved facemask will need to wait outside.