Dear SwimJim Texas Families,
We have missed all of you!
We are excited to welcome you and your children back into the water with lessons beginning Tuesday, May 26th, 2020. As the country slowly reopens and approaches a new “normal”, we have been working to ensure our facilities meet or exceed local, state, and federal safety guidelines. While most things will remain the same, there will be some changes to make sure everyone stays safe.
Thank you for being a loyal SwimJim client.
Yours in Safety,
STEPS WE ARE TAKING TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY & OUR TEAM SAFER & HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to report an absence if anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19. We will gladly schedule a complimentary make-up for a later date. For more information on symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus) CLICK HERE to access the CDC website.
- Help stop the spread by following CDC and WHO guidelines for frequent hand washing/sanitizing and social distancing.
- To assist with providing social distancing during lessons, please only one caregiver per family to accompany children.
- Please bring your child/children already dressed and ready for class. Locker rooms and showering areas will not be accessible.
- Temporarily, Showering will not be permitted after class and changing areas will be limited
- Everyone over the age of 10 years of age must wear a face mask at any SwimJim facility. We know that face masks can be especially scary for little ones, here are some tips from KidsHealth.org to help your child get used to wearing a mask.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled lesson time.
For the safety of your children and our staff some things will REMAIN THE SAME and some things WILL CHANGE
WHAT WILL REMAIN THE SAME?
- Our dedication to drowning prevention
- The commitment of our team to you & your family
- Nurturing and compassionate instructors and staff
- Our industry-leading aquatics education
- Our efforts to provide the safest, cleanest experience on every pool deck
WHAT WILL CHANGE?
- To facilitate social distancing and create easier flow of students on and off the pool deck we are temporarily changing student/teacher ratios and class duration. Once health and safety advisories permit, then ratios and times will return to the familiar numbers, The new, temporary ratios and class duration is:
25 min duration
*Excluding Swim N Splash- which is currently paused until further notice
Learn-to-Swim programs –
25 min duration
Advanced/Adult levels –
55 min duration
25 min duration
In addition you will note:
- Reduction of the number of people in our facility
- One-way traffic flow on pool decks
- Reduction of the number of people in our pools
- Non-Contact temperature checks of everyone that enters our building
- Hands will be sanitized upon entrance of the facility
- Increase in the number of hand sanitizing stations at our facilities
- Face shields or masks on SwimJim team members during lessons and while in the facility
- Showers will remain closed temporarily
- Sanitation of swim lesson equipment between each use
We look forward to getting back to what we do best, teaching your family members how to be safer in and around the water. As we continue to plot the path back to the water, please know, in order to keep everyone safe, we will continue to monitor the latest news and guidance from local, state and federal government, as well as the CDC and WHO.
We will make adjustments as necessary and promise to continue our open and transparent communication with you to keep you as informed as possible. Again, we appreciate you and your family and looking forward to seeing you on the pool deck.