It’s a Happy Swim-day as usual!
We care about you and your family. Just like you, we are concerned about the constant developments regarding COVID-19 more commonly known as the coronavirus. At SwimJim, we are actively monitoring and following the advice of the CDC, the WHO and the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Thankfully, the CDC recently released a statement saying that “…there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs.” (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html) However we are taking extra precautions and extra steps to make things safe as possible during our time together in the pool.
On Wednesday, March 4th, we began increasing all pools’ chlorine levels. We also increased cleaning frequency and diligence on our pool decks. Look for dedicated toy washing stations as further precaution that we will use between classes.
Education will help everyone arrest the spread of coronavirus. So SwimJim team members have additional mandatory health training to keep them healthy and safe, but most importantly safeguard you and your children every day.
If the CDC, WHO or Texas Department of State Health Services advise differently we will follow mandates and suggestions to keep your families safe. In the meantime, the pool is still warm and our teachers are still excited to teach your children. We are open for business.
According to the CDC, these are important steps you can take at home to keep your family and others healthy:
1) Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
2) Wash your hands OFTEN with antibacterial soap. Lather for 20 seconds each time – about the same amount of time as singing “happy birthday to you” twice
3) If you think you, your child or caregiver are sick, please seek medical attention immediately.
4) Avoid close contact with people who are sick – friends and family included.
5) If you, your child or caregiver are sick, please stay home and get better.
Together we can keep each other safe and healthy. SwimJim is your ally and will follow up with further info and updates.