At SwimJim, we take a careful and focused approach to swimming lessons. We believe that these skills and abilities lead to life-saving habits for your children. Our students build confidence in and around the water.
Each of our classes has a low instructor-to-student ratio. Every child receives the attention they need to becoming safer around the water. Our beginner and infant/toddler swimming lessons focus on developing effective habits and techniques in the water that don’t often come naturally to children. Some of the skills learned include the back float, breath control, and how to manage a water emergency. Our method will help them gain these abilities at their own pace, all while having fun as they learn. Children will feel more comfortable learning each new technique, as they understand their movement in the water.
*Please keep in mind that at all SwimJim locations there will be several classes coinciding at the same time during each half-hour of lessons.
Pricing, Discounts and Billing
|2022 Recurring Monthly Auto-Debit Program Pricing|
|30 Min Group Lesson||$51|
|1 Hour Group Lesson||$69|
|30 Min Semi-Private Lesson||$94|
|30 Min Private Lesson||$144|
There is a standard $35 registration fee that will be charged once every calendar year, per student.
If you have two lessons in one week, we offer a 20% discount on the second lesson.
Billing occurs on the first of every month. If you wish to discontinue lessons, please give us written notice prior to the first of the month. For more information on billing, click here.
B or C train to 96th
1, 2, 3 train to 96th
Entering the Facility
808 Columbus Ave between 98th and 99th street. Walk through the breezeway on Columbus Ave between the 808 Columbus residential building and the Whole Foods. Take a left at the end of the breezeway and walk down to door D (the double doors). The pool is on the 3rd floor.
Seating for families and care givers is located in the tables and chairs at the end of the pool. We ask that parents stay in the designated seating area and respect the common areas for residents’ use.
Please note that all rules are strictly enforced by the SwimJim Team and 808 Columbus staff.
- Must bring your own towel
- No Eating or Drinking on the pool deck or in the changing rooms/restrooms
- No one over 6 years of age may enter opposite-sex locker rooms, including parents and caregivers.
- Changing tents on the pool deck provide additional accommodations for family changing
- Strollers are not permitted on deck
- On-deck shower is for rinsing only. Please do not shampoo, shave or other grooming in deck showers
- Water consistently kept at a comforting 86-88 degrees during the winter months
- Pool deck kept warm for the comfort of the children getting out of the water
- Saline system that keeps the pool cleaner and healthier than any standard chlorine-based facility
The pool is suited for 2 months to adults
Average Water Temp
Holiday & Closure Schedule
- Memorial Day–Monday, May 30th, 2022
- 4th of July–Monday, July 4th, 2022
- Labor Day–Monday, September 5th, 2022
- Thanksgiving–Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th, 2022. Classes will resume Saturday, November 26th
- Winter Holiday–TBD
Your classes will be prorated accordingly for all holiday closures.