At SwimJim, we take a careful and focused approach to swimming lessons. We believe that these skills and abilities lead to life-saving habits for your children. Our students build confidence in and around the water.
Each of our classes has a low instructor-to-student ratio. Every child receives the attention they need to becoming safer around the water. Our beginner and infant/toddler swimming lessons focus on developing effective habits and techniques in the water that don’t often come naturally to children. Some of the skills learned include the back float, breath control, and how to manage a water emergency. Our method will help them gain these abilities at their own pace, all while having fun as they learn. Children will feel more comfortable learning each new technique, as they understand their movement in the water.
*Please keep in mind that at all SwimJim locations there will be several classes coinciding at the same time during each half-hour of lessons.
SwimJim Pricing, Discounts and Billing
There is a $35 annual registration fee charged once every calendar year per student. The pricing is based off the number of lessons given each month, per child.
|2022 Recurring Monthly Auto-Debit Program Pricing|
|30 Min Group Lesson||$51|
|1 Hour Group Lesson||$69|
|30 Min Semi-Private Lesson||$94|
|30 Min Private Lesson||$144|
If you have two lessons in one week, we offer a 20% discount on the second lesson.
Billing occurs on the first of every month. If you wish to discontinue lessons, please give us written notice prior to the first of the month. For more information on billing, click here.
6 Train to 86th Street and Lexington
Entering the Facility
Enter the lobby on 86th Street and take a left to get to the elevator. Take the elevator down to the basement level. Take a left out of the elevator, the pool/gym entrance will be on your right.
- Street shoes are strictly prohibited on the pool deck
- Must bring your own towel
- No Eating or Drinking on the pool deck or in the changing rooms/restrooms
- No one over 6 years of age may enter opposite-sex locker rooms, including parents and caregivers
- Strollers are not permitted on deck
Average Water Temp
Holiday & Closure Schedule
- Memorial Day–Monday, May 30th, 2022
- 4th of July–Monday, July 4th, 2022
- Labor Day–Monday, September 5th, 2022
- Thanksgiving–Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th, 2022. Classes will resume Saturday, November 26th
- Winter Holiday–TBD
Your classes will be prorated accordingly for all holiday closures.