Swimming Lessons - Houston
Houston families have enjoyed SwimJim’s exceptional program focused on water safety and swimming skills for nearly 40 years. We help even the most hesitant swimmers become accustomed to – even excited about – being in the water.
The SwimJim Method
SwimJim’s approach to swim lessons and aquatic education focuses on the basics, gradually adding more advanced coordination and exercises as the student progresses. Students first learn how their body moves in water, how to keep out unwanted water while breathing efficiently, and how to react to changes in water pressure, temperature and depth.
Houston students in our swim lessons then progress in safety and self-management skills: back floating, breath control, and grabbing the wall. These are the most fundamental coordinating exercises a swimmer will rely on in distress, or simply while enjoying a swim.
Each child enjoys learning at his or her own pace, but we keep our classes structured and productive to make an efficient use of students’ time.
In our more advanced Houston swim lessons, we help students perfect breathing techniques, arm and leg coordination, stroke timing, and head rotation for all four competitive strokes.
Most children do not “automatically” or intuitively know aquatic skills, as swimming has different familial, cultural and social contexts. Thus SwimJim’s swim classes help form effective habits and techniques through coaching and supervised repetition. In addition to being fun, swim skills are important for safety; they may even help save a life one day.
Our Houston Swim Lessons Venue & Swim Class Schedule
Conveniently located just off I-10, our state-of-the-art facility is open 7 days a week. SwimJim offers Houston families group, private, and semi-private swim classes on a weekly basis to swimmers of all levels. Many swimmers swim twice a week for faster progress. In any swim program, families should expect it will take time for skills to progress. See all the classes we offer and determine which swim class to sign up for today.
SwimJim charges tuition on a monthly basis. On the first of each month, we automatically debit a credit or debit card just like a health club or other leisure facility. Once you choose a class for your child, you keep that spot automatically. If you need to change days or times, our team will help you.
If you wish to discontinue your lessons, please give us a 30 days written notice prior to the month in which you do not want to swim. Discounts are offered when you register your child for more than one Houston swim lessons or class per week, or for bringing siblings.
Call the office at 713.784.1777 with questions. We are here to serve you.
No matter what swimming stage your child is at, our professional, certified SwimJim team can help him or her gain confidence and water skills.
Facebook Name: SwimJim Texas
If you would like to take a tour of the facility from the comfort of your home “Like” us on Facebook and take our virtual tour.
SwimJim Pricing, Discounts and Billing
|Monthly Lesson Price (per lesson)||Single Lesson Price|
|30 Min Group Lesson||$25||$30|
|1 Hour Group Lesson||$38||$46|
|30 Min Semi-Private Lesson||$41||$49|
|30 Min Private Lesson||$77||$92|
- We will be providing a temporary class ratio and time change in order to accommodate social distancing best practices. This change will change over time as we are allowed to return to normal. Learn-to-swim 30 minute group classes will be a 2:1 ratio and taught for 25 minutes, 1 hour lessons will be a 4:1 ratio and taught for 55 minutes, Parent-Child classes will be 4:1 ratio and taught for 25 minutes, we will not be teaching semi-private lessons, all 30 minute private lessons will be 1:1 ratio and taught for 25 minutes.
- The pricing is based off the number of lessons given each month, per child, which means your monthly total may change from month to month.
- There is a $30 annual registration fee charged once every calendar year per student.
- We offer a 5% sibling discount
- If you have two lessons in one week, we offer a 30% discount on the second lesson
- Discounts cannot be combined.