At SwimJim, we take a careful and focused approach to swimming lessons. We believe that these skills and abilities lead to life-saving habits for your children. Our students build confidence in and around the water.
Each of our classes has a low instructor-to-student ratio. Every child receives the attention they need to becoming safer around the water. Our beginner and infant/toddler swimming lessons focus on developing effective habits and techniques in the water that don’t often come naturally to children. Some of the skills learned include the back float, breath control, and how to manage a water emergency. Our method will help them gain these abilities at their own pace, all while having fun as they learn. Children will feel more comfortable learning each new technique, as they understand their movement in the water.
*Please keep in mind that at all SwimJim locations there will be several classes coinciding at the same time during each half-hour of lessons.
SwimJim Pricing, Discounts and Billing
There is a $50 annual registration fee charged once every calendar year per student. The pricing is based off the number of lessons given each month, per child.
|2023 Recurring Monthly Auto-Debit Program Pricing|
|30 Min Group Lesson||$55|
|1 Hour Group Lesson||$74|
|30 Min Semi-Private Lesson||$95|
|30 Min Private Lesson||$158|
If you have two lessons in one week, we offer a 20% discount on the second lesson.
Billing occurs on the first of every month. If you wish to discontinue lessons, please give us written notice prior to the first of the month. For more information on billing, click here.
E, F, N, Q Trains to 63rd Street and 3rd Ave
N, R, W Trains to Lexington Ave/59th St
Entering the Facility
Enter through the gym entrance on York ave and 60th street. A SwimJim Client Ambassador will then give you a bracelet to identify you as a SwimJim client. This bracelet needs to be worn at all times while in the facility. Take the stairs down one flight to the basement level (Floor C). The pool entrance will be straight ahead through the glass door.
Seating for families and care givers is located in the chairs around the pool.
Please note that all rules are strictly enforced by the SwimJim Team and Two Sutton Place North staff.
- Outdoor stroller parking – no strollers permitted in the facility
- Only one caregiver permitted per child in the facility
- Street shoes are strictly prohibited on the pool deck
- Must bring your own towel
- No Eating or Drinking on the pool deck or in the changing rooms/restrooms
- No one over 6 years of age may enter opposite-sex locker rooms, including parents and caregivers
- SwimJim clients are not permitted in resident only areas – gym, playroom or resident lounge
Average Water Temp
Holiday & Closure Schedule
- Memorial Day–Monday, May 29th, 2023
- 4th of July–Tuesday, July 4th, 2023
- Labor Day–Monday, September 4th, 2023
- Thanksgiving–Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th, 2023. Classes will resume Saturday, November 25th
- Winter Holiday–Saturday, December 23rd, 2023 through Monday January 1st, 2024. Classes will resume Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024.
Your classes will be prorated accordingly for all holiday closures.