At SwimJim, we take a careful and focused approach to swimming lessons. We believe that these skills and abilities lead to life-saving habits for your children. Our students build confidence in and around the water.
Each of our classes has a low instructor-to-student ratio. Every child receives the attention they need to becoming safer around the water. Our beginner and infant/toddler swimming lessons focus on developing effective habits and techniques in the water that don’t often come naturally to children. Some of the skills learned include the back float, breath control, and how to manage a water emergency. Our method will help them gain these abilities at their own pace, all while having fun as they learn. Children will feel more comfortable learning each new technique, as they understand their movement in the water.
SwimJim Pricing, Discounts, and Billing
There is a standard $35 registration fee that will be charged once every calendar year, per student. Our pricing is then based off of the number of lessons there are in the month, per child.
|2020 Recurring Monthly Auto-Debit Program Pricing|
|30 Min Group Lesson||$49|
|1 Hour Group Lesson||$66|
|30 Min Semi-Private Lesson||$90|
|30 Min Private Lesson||$138|
If you have two lessons in one week, we offer a 30% discount on the second lesson.
Billing occurs on the first of every month. If you wish to discontinue lessons, please give us written notice prior to the first of the preceding month. For more information on billing, click here.
We are excited for the opportunity to work with your child to help them develop important, life-saving skills. Call us today to discuss which class option is best for you.
1, 2, 3 train to 86th or 96th street
Entering the Facility
Please note that all rules are strictly enforced by the SwimJim Team and Windermere staff.
- Must bring your own towel
- No Eating or Drinking on the pool deck or in the changing rooms/restrooms
- No one over 6 years of age may enter opposite-sex locker rooms, including parents and caregivers.
- Changing tents on the pool deck provide additional accommodations for family changing
- Strollers are not permitted on deck
- On-deck shower is for rinsing only. Please do not shampoo, shave or other grooming in deck showers
- Water consistently kept at a comforting 88 degrees during the winter months
- Pool deck kept warm for the comfort of the children getting out of the water
Infant, Baby & Learn to Swim levels only will be taught at this location. Which are the Swim N Splash through the Swimmers levels.
Average Water Temp
Holiday & Closure Schedule
- Memorial Day–Monday, May 25th, 2020
- 4th of July–Saturday, July 4th, 2020
- Labor Day–Monday, September 7th, 2020
- Thanksgiving–Thursday, November 26th and Friday, November 27th, 2020. Classes will resume Saturday, November 28th
- Winter Holiday–TBD
Your classes will be prorated accordingly for all holiday closures.