Positive, professional & energetic educators welcomed to our fun, respected and expanding family-owned company. Positively impact a child’s life while having fun. You will love it.
- Experience working with children. The right attitude however is preferred over experience.
- Availability for minimum of 3 shifts a week. More availability is preferable. At least one shift must be Saturday or Sunday morning (4 hours).
- Available to train in Manhattan
- Enthusiasm and sensitivity for children of all ages, particularly pre-school
- Maturity to deal with very demanding, well-intentioned parents.
- Interest in aquatics, swimming, health and well-being.
- Basic swim skills a necessity: demonstrate all standard strokes if requested.
- Dedication to students: they are the focus of our business.
- Be punctual, polished & reliable.
All swim instructors enjoy paid training in NYC for 60 hours depending on dedication, focus, skill and enthusiasm.
Seeking instructors for our four Manhattan locations and one Brooklyn location.
Successful educators develop long-term relationships with their students, families and colleagues. Similar dedication to swimming and water safety. We promote from within and our educators become supervisors and management!
WSI IS NOT REQUIRED.
SwimJim is seeking fun-loving, compassionate individuals to join our Client Ambassador team. You will work directly with children and families on the pool deck during swim lessons in our five NYC locations!
Your role: greeting families, taking attendance, managing the flow of traffic, building relationships and rolling out the red carpet for every client that walks in the door! Must be outgoing, creative and communicative.
This is a great job for those college students seeking more experience working with children! Studying education, psychology, social work or medicine? Come learn and grow with us!
We are currently offering shifts for Monday and Wednesday mornings and afternoons, as well as Saturday and Sundays mornings.
We are also looking for individuals that live in Queens or Brooklyn, who can easily travel to our Brooklyn location at 110 Green Street as well as our several locations in Manhattan.
We seek CERTIFIED Lifeguards for immediate hire throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Applicants must have an up-to-date Lifeguard certifications for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Lifeguarding/First Aid.
A great work ethic, punctuality, dependability, a positive attitude and commitment to safety are just a few of the skills that would make you an amazing SwimJim Lifeguard. You know how to be punctual and dependable. You look out for your team and your clients.
Fitness Facility Customer Service Representative
Our fitness facility Customer Service Representatives provides customer service support to the club members and guests. Your role would be:
Contribute to running a clean, friendly and well maintained facility
Executing the team member basics of being on time and complying with the dress code
Responsible for assisting and directing members/guests
Monitoring incoming inquiries and ensuring proper check in procedures are followed
Member and Guest Check in Compliance
Greet all incoming members and guests
Ensure all check in procedures are followed
Ensure all appropriate fees are collected
Answer all incoming inquiries and obtain appropriate information to direct/transfer calls/guests
Handle member service issues.
Record member concerns on the Member Service Log or Maintenance Log (depending on issue)
Promote and sell merchandise
Keep front desk area and lobby clutter free, and orderly
Perform general cleaning duties to include hourly locker room and facility checks
- Completion of all Daily Reports
Clean Team Member
Experienced, friendly, enthusiastic Porter/Janitorial professional with weekday afternoon and weekend morning availability.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning of floors, windows and surfaces on pool deck during swim lessons
- Cleaning of restroom / locker rooms
- Cleaning gym facilities
- Cleaning of guest areas of our swim schools
We are looking for:
- Professionalism and punctuality
- Friendliness and willingness to mingle with clients (adult and child alike!)
- Energetic employees who are quick thinkers, fast learners and can work in a fast paced environment while being part of our team as our organization grows.
- Must be available to work weekday mornings and afternoons, as well as weekend mornings.
We are a privately owned and operated swim school and pool management company operating in Manhattan. Please respond to the e-mail link in this ad with your contact information and a copy of your resume.
SwimJim, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer